One VCU Academic Repositioning Task Force
Initiated in May 2023, the One VCU Academic Repositioning Task Force will lead the transformational effort to make VCU both a more academically attractive and more efficient university.
Goal & Guiding Principles
The One VCU Academic Repositioning Task Force will recommend an academic structure that ensures an academically exciting and leaner university. Its guiding principles are trust and transparency.
Task Force Structure
- Steering Committee
- Responsible for organizing academic structure recommendations, anticipating fiscal impact and return on investment.
- Task Force
- Serves as advisory to develop academic structure recommendations that will create efficiencies, promote broader programmatic collaboration, increased interactions between Schools and Colleges, and provides unique educational experiences for attracting students.
- Work Groups
- Inform the task force by investigating, collaborating and creating structural models.
- May 2023: Task Force Recruitment
- May - August 2023: Work Group research, investigations and discussions
- September 2023: Recommendations completed and report finalized
- October 2023: Report delivered to Provost
- Phase 2: Decision making by Cabinet and Board of Visitors
- Phase 3: SCHEV engagement and approval process
- Phase 4: Transition and implementation