One VCU Academic Repositioning Task Force
Initiated in May 2023, the One VCU Academic Repositioning Task Force will lead the transformational effort to make VCU both a more academically attractive and more efficient university.
Goal & Guiding Principles
The One VCU Academic Repositioning Task Force will recommend an academic structure that ensures an academically exciting and leaner university. Its guiding principles are trust and transparency.
Task Force Structure
- Steering Committee
- Responsible for organizing academic structure recommendations, anticipating fiscal impact and return on investment.
- Task Force
- Serves as advisory to develop academic structure recommendations that will create efficiencies, promote broader programmatic collaboration, increased interactions between Schools and Colleges, and provides unique educational experiences for attracting students.
- Work Groups
- Inform the task force by investigating, collaborating and creating structural models.
Timeline (updated: Sept. 28, 2023)
- May - June 2023: Task Force Recruitment
- July - September 2023: Work Group research, investigations and discussions
- Sept. 9 – Oct. 20, 2023: Work Groups determine recommendations that will move forward
- Oct. 27, 2023: Final recommendations presented to the Task Force
- Nov. 3, 2023: Combined group recommendations submitted to the Provost
- Nov. 6, 2023 – Jan. 26, 2024: Roadshow #1 – recommendations shared within the VCU community for feedback
- Jan. 26 – Feb. 9, 2024: University leadership review of recommendations and feedback
- Feb. 12 – Mar. 3, 2024: Roadshow #2 – Recommendations presented to stakeholder/shared governance groups
- March 10 – April 10, 2024: Public Comment Period
- May – Sept., 2024: Board of Visitors and SCHEV review
- Fall 2025: Tentative implementation